Thursday, July 1, 2010

U2

Here are the lyrics to my all-time favorite U2 song:
Until the End of the World
(U2)
Haven't seen you for quite a while
I was down the hole just passing time
Last time we met was a low-lit room
We were as close together as a bride and groom
We ate the food, we drank the wine
Everybody having a good time
Except you, you were talking about the end of the world
I took the money
I spiked your drink
You miss too much these days if you stop to think
You lead me on with those innocent eyes
You know I love the element of surprise
In the garden I was playing the tart
I kissed your lips and broke your heart
You, you were acting like it was the end of the world
In my dream I was drowning my sorrows
But my sorrows, they learned to swim
Surrounding me, going down on me
Spilling over the brim
Waves of regret, waves of joy
I reached out for the one I tried to destroy
You, you said you'd wait till the end of the world
**********************
U2 was slated to play in Montreal this month on the North American leg of their 360 tour. Unfortunately the concert got cancelled due to Bono's back and spine injuries. My die-hard U2 fan bro Al, braved sub-zero weather last winter in order to get tickets which sold out in just a matter of hours after they went on sale. My good friends Cindi and Raffi also got a pair. I thought they'd all be refunded for them. But ticket-holders were instead specifically instructed to hold on to them for when they do come (yay!). So, the concert tour hasn't been cancelled altogether, just postponed. Bono's injuries are quite serious and has been ordered to be on bed rest for the time being. And according to my bro, he heard that when Bono's stubborn nature quickly became apparent to his doctors, they enlisted the help of his U2 band mates, lead guitarist, The Edge, bassist, Adam Clayton and drummer, Larry Mullen, Jr. to get Bono whom they fondly and loyally refer to as their "fearless leader" to stay put. Shout out to U2: I ♥♥♥ U!!!
I wanted to invite you guys to share with me your fave U2 song/moment. Looking forward to your comments!
Aimee
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Actually Aimee, to our happy surprise our purchase online of the U2 tickets back in January never went through. We never got billed, never got our tickets. Glich(don't know if I spelled that right) in the system perhaps! Which we're very happy about since after booking the tickets we realized we didn't really want to go, imagine two short people standing in between what? 70,000 strangers. No thanks, plus how much could you see being short like us! And now to our greater surprise ITS CANCELLED, HOW CONVENIENT FOR US!

    Your good friends Cindi & Raffi

    ReplyDelete