Saturday, November 13, 2010

OK, so this is how it all went down the other night: picked the kids up from the daycare, strapped their resisting bodies into the car, negotiated trafficky and *potholey* Montreal streets and made our way home, got supper going, actually sat down to eat, cleared the table, did the dishes, tidied up the house, gave the kids a bath, mustered up all the energy I had left and *animately* read them a story, and finally put them down for the night - when I come to think of it, this is pretty much what takes place every weeknight with very little variation, so much so that I could almost do all of the above blindfolded - sure, this routine we've settled into with me working gets to me sometimes but there's certainly never a dull moment - especially with Jaden who at nineteen months of age is giving us foreglimpses of how it's going to be like when he actually hits the "terrible two's" and with our pre-schooler Maya firmly believing that she's a princess (I hope that she will come to the realization that she isn't royalty on her own when the time comes because, I do not want to be the one to burst her bubble!)

It's a wonder how I didn't conk out myself within two seconds flat after putting them to bed. I actually had a little more energy to spare to join Kumar who had since taken to the couch and was aimlessly flipping through channels by then...nothing good was on except for Remember Me starring Robert Pattinson of that, uh,*vampire* movie fame and that's exactly why it actually caught our attention, I mean the poor guy, through no fault of his own, has been forever typecast, so we thought it would be interesting to watch Pattinson make a departure from the saga, lose the pasty complexion, to take on a different, more *livelier* role in a *literal* sense. The problem is I can't watch movies like that, that is halfway through, let alone without knowing what they're all about, I need a gist or a general outline of some sort as some kind of frame of reference. So, I ended up excusing myself and googling up "Remember Me," read the whole synopsis, and this time for real used up all of my remaining energy, just trying to keep myself from spoiling the ending for Kumar, but as it turned out it wasn't necessary, by the time I rejoined him, he was out cold too and *snoring* on the couch. I guess, you know you're getting old when, you can't stay up till so late, let alone pull all-nighters, uh, reading or something...

Anyways, for some reason, I got a second wind that night and ended up taking a quick peek at Facebook...I'm actually amazed at how
quickly the whole thing got *old* for me. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I was never into Farmville or any other of their games...I know that would've probably compounded the problem. All I've received so far is a single sincere and the cutest ever plea (hi pauline!) to "please be back on Facebook!?" So, I won't necessarily be making the announcement "back by *popular* demand" anytime soon. Rest assured though that I haven't abandoned Facebook altogether and I definitely don't mean to be a snob, but it's simply because it isn't compatible with my role as a *responsible* mom especially being given to *addictions* like this...

A

No comments:

Post a Comment